Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Squidge details





Here are some more details to help with crocheting the start of my shawl design Squidge.
See the main post here.
I've made an oversize version of the starting point of the shawl, and blocked it mercilessly :)

You'll see that each ch-sc stitch forms a triangle shape with 2ch on one side, a single thread on the other side and a double thread across the top.  (When working a ch-sc into the 1-ch spaces, make sure that you insert the hook to the left of the single thread of the ch-sc in the row below.)


 Here's my low-tech diagram of the same swatch.
The double line on the sides of each ch-sc represents the 2ch part of the stitch as described above, and appear as you see them.
Note that the stitch count increases by 1 ch-sc every second row.

I hope this helps!
Glenda

4 comments:

  1. It's all a foreign language to me, but I can appreciate that it looks darned fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really interesting. I consider myself to be an advanced beginner crocheter, so I´ll definitely try this one! Thanks for sharing.
    Annabelle (Abuelaloca in Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! This is extremely helpful, thank you. :) NOW I've got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand written instructions, but a with a draw I've got it too! Thanks for sharing! A big hug. Rossana from Chile

    ReplyDelete